PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right time to train (Merged 2011)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Dec 2011, 05:57
Poeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KAG, how are you looking at modular training with a degree (engineering) next to it? I mean if I make sure I have the money before starting flight training (PPL in a local flying club) it can't be that bad.
If I feel after some hour building (easily can take a year of two) I want to go on and go for it I still can do it. Without debts. Off course it's money I would give to flight schools and never see it back. But at the same time, if you take flight training it should be something you love. If it doesn't work out I'd have lost a lot of money, but without being in red. And with quite secure job opportunities as an engineer (don't have any loans of debts to get this degree). It would have been a very expensive hobby.

I also had the chance to start integrated flight training and also cancelled it. It was a hard but right decision.
For the last 5 years I've been looking for which path I have to follow. Having a degree (and also very important: work expierence with this degree) is the way to go for me imo. But it's not that I can snap my fingers and put the flying out of my head. Surely, it's probably not the wisest thing to do. But why not try it... Some people spend €50 k on a nice Porsche in their life, some on flight training. As long as they can live and pay everything (whether it's the porsche or flying, living and ect) I don't see the problem.