PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 16:46
Tiger65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ptkay,

Let me address your post.
Many people have joined this site/forum after the Smolensk accident and many more follow the thread. Is it something criminal? Here is a place to discuss circumstances of this tragic event, isn't it? One of the victims I knew in person but that doesn't automatically mean that my views at the crash are filled with conspiracy theories. I am far away from that.
Neither I am a Polish journalist nor politically biased. Just neutral with technical university background.

I am here, on this forum, since over 7 years, I am a pilot and
aviation enthusiast.
Even if you were an astronaut it would not have automatically meant you could profesionally investigate the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster (by the way, dr. Binienda did).

With all due respect you are not NTSB investigator. I do believe you have strong professional experience as pilot, but null as air crash investigator.
Me neither.

Both official reports contain findings which contradict each other. I am sure, you will agree, that the main objective of any investigation is to improve flight safety. If some of the final conclusions are wrong or based on wrong assumptions similair accident may happen again with equally disastrous consequences.

Aerobat77,

The roll both parties calculated/estimated based on the measurement of trimmed trees near a car dealer (Kutuzov Str.) was approx. 110 deg.
I think, it does matter whether the plane hit the ground at 65 deg or 200 deg roll.

Last edited by Tiger65; 2nd Dec 2011 at 17:43.