PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 11:17
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The plane crashed with separated part of left wing. That's the fact.
As I showed above, there is no direct proof for barell roll as claimed.
Have you ever seen videos showing the planes hitting the ground with 65-90 deg roll? In Smolensk, there were shallow impact traces on the ground, no fire-balls and thousands of debris.

What is your personal view on that matter?
like said my view is pretty what we can read in the report. it seems the plane hit the ground first with the nose section since this section is completely destroyed . due to the fact that it has at this moment forward speed many traces are found and the debries is located in a wide area. due to the fact that first ground contact was made not with the stongest parts of the aircraft ( wing root, main undercarriage) but the "soft" nose the traces are shallow and simulatany it resulted in a real massive destruction of the aircraft. due to the fact that first contact was made with parts not containing the fuel ( it was in the wings and the center tank) as well they hit a "soft" ground without many sparks there was no fire ball but only some minor fires.

a barrell roll cannot be proved since the fdr does not record such but it also cannot be excluded and like said- its unimportant at which exact angle they hit the ground and i think they hit it pretty inverted.

a controlled flight into ground, thats all. surely no "help" from the russians to bring it down, no artificial fog, no bomb on board.

it maybe rises conspirancy theories since the place where they crashed and the reason for their visit is more than tragical irony , but it happend.

a far more interesting question is why all the flight crew , when trying somekind of a selfmade approach with the intention to go below published minimums even disregarded several "pull up" warnings.