PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Pilot Medical Failures
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 11:12
treykule

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
china pilot medical failures

I have had medicals done in many juridsictins, and China's are the absolute most thorough. You get them done in a special hospital.\
Goes something like this. General body check, blood and urine tests, ECG, sonagram, stress test, chest X-ray, hearing and eyes, EEG, internal medicine check. Yes they find problems.. Things like gallstones appear on the sonagram. But as the doctors performing the examination pretty much all work for the airlines, I have never seen any power tripping. I had a false positive on a blood test. Gave another sample two days later, and had it resolved the next day.
Many of the new expats are older and about 15% I have been told have some problem initially. I dont believe the power trip thing for a minute, and at my age having one every six months is very stressful. Most of the new expats I have seen there have been in country just a few days.

If you are healthy you will have no problems, but their limits for things like blood pressure are a bit more stringent than those in other places.

You should worry more about the exams written in Chinglish.