PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Pilot Medical Failures
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2011, 10:21
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD,
Yes you have discovered the truth that connections are everything here. Unfortunately, doing a toast at a dinner buys you squat in China other than 100 smiles. But they would have smiled anyway.

Everyone here has connections, some forged over several family generations. Any that we expats have here mean absolutely squat.

I am not sure why so many fail the physical, but I believe they are just as hard on the local pilots. A few months ago I was told that we had 39 local Captains on medical leave, and we have less than 200 captains TOTAL. We are a 3 year old airline, and the average age of a captain is probably early 30's. Stark numbers.....

Why? TIC. That means "This is China", which really means who the F#$@ knows, and 5 years from now, the answer will be the same.

I collect my paycheck on the 25th of every month, and look forward to the next 25th, and have as much fun as I can in between.

If you cannot do that, China is definitely not for you!!!! LOL

And I just got back from CAN for a visit to the doctor for my 3rd case of Guardia (Travelers diahrea) in 18 months. I have been to over 90 countries, and have never had it before in my life until I got here.

Happy flying!!!!!