PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Police helicopter budget cuts
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2011, 16:59
Final Flare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could I just.....

After reading Morris' post about alternative ways of saving the £15m, I thought about those already set up with regionalisation. Take South Yorks, Humberside and West Yorks. One has 24 hr working already, and the other two have staggered operating times, therefore providing redundancy. I believe at present that West Yorks are STILL waiting for their annual servicing to be completed and Humberside are daylight only (I dont know why, prob technical failure), this leaves South Yorks to cover both areas. Well done South Yorks Police Authority for looking ahead !!! Anyway both Humberside and West Yorks have the trek to Gloucester for their servicing, why not just go to South Yorks. I believe they have resident engineers and a blooming great airfield with Hangarage not to mention a Part 145 already in place. Again I believe that as Police employees already paid by South Yorks, labour would be minimal. Also again conjecture, but they dont pay over the odds for parts. Am I thinking too far out of the box? Even the transit alone would save money. Would other regional servicing bases make more sense, especially to the more nothern units? Dont shoot me, only asking.....