PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2011, 13:44
Sober Lark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But, perhaps I should have booked through an unscrupulous travel agent Shamrogue?

If you book online with Emirates from Dublin you will have to jump through many hoops when things go wrong as is my ongoing experience. You'll find their customer service deplorable. They will tell you black is white, you're wrong and they're right.

Emirates have such a poor complaints process. Eventually you'll get through to Sharon Hurdiss their Customer Affairs Manager UK & Ireland who will handle your complaint with statements that seem to bear such a complex and tenuous relationship to reality that it would be difficult to describe them as truthful without placing an inappropriate burden on the semantic resources of the English lamguage.

And no, I'm not writing this from my 18 hour layover in Dubai although in a few weeks I may well be. If Emirates are not successful on their Dublin route they will just pull the service and route their advance passenger booking to / from Dublin via the UK instead. Sure don't we Irish love long lay overs?