PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH
Thread: SARH
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2011, 07:09
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"fudging required visual references is illegal "

Yes it is, but obeying them to the letter is not, in fact it is recommended.
It is rather worrying that you do not understand what both the letter and the meaning of the minima rules are.

Can you honestly tell me that you go around off a precision approach because though you can see the required visual references you feel you are not clear of cloud?

"but Red is defined as below 200' cloudbase not below 200' but above 150' and more often than not Red conditions are a result of advection fog which gives cloudbases in the SW well below 150'."

Ok - so now you admit that your earlier statements about not being able to make a precision approach in red are bollocks. What you should have said is that sometimes red will be too bad to make an approach. A very different thing.

You have also made a new statement.

"more often than not Red conditions are a result of advection fog "

Go on then. Rather than firing off statements, give me some data to support this.

"but I spend most working days looking the RCS and MOMIDS which show exactly what a poor weather factor the place has."

As I said earlier, watching from afar can give a very false impression. Your experience of Culdrose weather is down to watching a colour code on MOMIDS. Gosh what depth. The only true judge would be the data showing that Culdrose loses more jobs to weather than others.

Data that you have been ominously silent producing.....