PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates specific questions....
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2011, 06:30
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Villa- company supplied ie. nil expense
Yes

Utilities- is this 27000aed a cash payment or rebate from actual billings ?
The Company pays utilities. Stay below the cap and you never see a bill. AFAIK noone has actually been billed for Utilities, but I stand to be correccted. We are by no means frugal users and have never been billed.

Medical- pilot paid for but family requires supplement. How much is that and what if any actual medical cost occur?
No much. My BL008Y computer won't load my payslip, but I think I pay around 350DHs a month for wife and two kids. That covers all non-preexisting Medical treatments (a few exceptions- the Orthodontic allowence won't be enough for kids braces for example) though you do pay for non-prescription medications.

Furniture Amortising- if you move out of supplied accomm., and into your own choice, is this forgiven?
No, but you get to take the stylish, high quality furniture (sigh, that was SARCASM before anyone asks!!) with you.

Education- I'm not american so the english schools seem pretty much covered by the allowance with maybe a few thousand a year for extras????
I was out 11 000 for the year with two kids. Actually helps me that the travel allowence is now lumped in (we car-pool) but the British Schools are certainly more reasonable.

Where does 8000 go?
Good question- but go it does!!