PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should we Name & Shame G Day Workers?
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2011, 01:25
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STP,

The presence of "mildly scabby" members and non-members who would work during some form of IA is worth noting but does not preclude IA entirely. CX runs a lean operation, and this makes them vulnerable. The AOA does not need 100% participation to launch effective IA. You know that and to imply otherwise is intellectually dishonest. See my question below to Iceman...

The proposed housing agreement never made it past the GC and was not part of the latest round of pay negotiations for which I was complimenting PW et al. They occurred previous to the pay talks as a follow up to the 2009 SLS agreement in which we secured 25 year housing. The negotiated deal was completely conciliatory and unacceptable, hence the GC's near unanimous rejection. Two of our brightest and hardest working leaders negotiated that deal but must have suffered some form of Stockholm Syndrome whilst caged with SK. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, you might be familiar with that situation.

Iceman,

You explain to me how 50 crews was going to do the work of 600+ pilots over a sustained period of time... And I'll tell when I joined and on which fleet... Not that doing so will make any case one way or another about how principled I am. You guys just love to pin the responsibility of degrading conditions on NJers when we ought to be taking care of it ourselves...

Last edited by cxorcist; 1st Dec 2011 at 16:48.