PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates specific questions....
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 23:28
Smoke N Mirrors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates specific questions....

Im a Regional FO here in the United States, looking to possibly move on to Emirates. I have a lot of questions, and have read many threads on this forum and others. For time expediency as most threads drift and it takes hours to glean specific information you are looking for, I have a few questions for anyone in the know. Thanks in advance. (and yes I am aware of the search function,)

What could you realistically expect to save per month? From Emirates web page starting pay is aprox 8000 us per month. I would have a goal of saving 5k (US) per month, with my expenses from home at 1k, and a 2k (US) budget living in Dubai. We have two children ages 3, and 6 months. As I understand the education allowance does not cover American schools and you will spend a bit more for education than the allowance. If I was to pay for American style school what could I expect to pay? What percent of utilities do they cover? How are you taxed on your housing allowance etc., if at all? Would you recommend taking the housing allowance or live in the provided villas? Is the 3 year training bond pro-rated?