PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to trial allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 23:18
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
PaxBoy, your maths does indeed need correction. The tickets were as good as damn it £370 a piece. This actually works out to be 73p per nautical mile as a family or if you like 15p per mile per seat. Travelling as a group this is actually more expensive than a car/ferry (which is a fair (no pun intended) comparison for group travel) but obviously more than one day faster in each direction, which is the reason we chose to fly.
The car/Ferry option also takes around 26 hours longer. Thus the quicker option (i.e flying) is always going to be more expensive. £0.15 per seat mile is still very cheap. It also explains why Easyjet makes less than a fiver profit after seat sales and acillaries. Still, it's a very successful business.

But another thing that really annoyed me was that we were unable to get a firm price for our holiday. The flight element for our booking was originally for £1,500 but those tickets were not available. So for the same, un-allocated seats, we had to cough up another £336 - because we were stupid enough to book on EasyJet! So if they would like to improve their product, how about a transparent pricing policy that gives firm prices?
If the fare was not available and it wasn't a fare that you could book then how is this different to any other airline? If the total fare of £1,500 was not available at then it wasn't originally a fare unless you chose not to book it at the time you saw it. If you would have booked your flight when you saw that fare, you would have got that fare!.
If you ended up paying £336 then that is your choice pure and simple. There are other airlines who fly between LON and FAO so why not use them? That is a genuine question.

As for transparent pricing, Easyjet has been recognised as having a very transparent pricing policy on the website. Flights include tax and it clearly gives you the option to include bags. There is no additional charger for tax or check in either online or at the airport.

I know my family's custom is not appreciated by easyflyer83 or edi_local. Passengers like me who disagree with them about their company's policies are treated with contempt and are insulted. But as you two are so good at it, may I ask are you naturally this unpleasant or did EasyJet pay for your training?
First and foremost, lets be clear, when on PPRUNE I am not employed by anyone and my views are my own private views as an individual. I owe neither you or indeed, anyone else, any additional respect. We post on here as equals.

My initial SEP and fundamental customer service training was undertaken by GB Airways. I am not unpleasant onboard and I am very professional in my work. PPRUNE, is not my work.

On internal forums you would also know that I am not an Easyjet apologist. There are issues that I don't agree with easyjet on including certain card charges and, if you read my previous posts, you would know that I whole heartedly agree with the move towards allocated seating.

£750 btw is a bloody good fare to SYD and we both know that you would be hard pushed to find that fare again. We also both know that the availablility of that cheapest SYD fare would be proportionate to the cheapest FAO fare.