PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Phelan 's latest
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 22:19
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good post Jaba! I like you have never had much issue with the CASA.

Although I was somewhat amused (or bemused) when getting ramped one day at Meeka. The FOI after going through all my paperwork, proceeded to quiz me on my printed SIGWX chart. When I asked what was his reasoning on the quiz, he told me that I'd be surprised how many people carry them around and don't know what they are supposed to depict, go figure!

Another instance I had dealing with the regulator was being interviewed (taped) in Meeka. The investigator questioned me about a flight I had conducted (some two years before) in the Straits with a certain Mr Mick Toller in the RH seat (Torres will remember that one!).

So besides the occasional ramping and a CP interview, all of which were quite amicable, I personally haven't had any real issues with the regulator.
However the same cannot be said about a lot of my colleagues, some of which have some horror stories to tell!

I also believe that the regulatory review and the morass of over complicated regs/rules is a major embarassment and needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.

The double standards is also a huge bugbear of mine, JQ's case versus a certain SAR operator is a 'case in point'!

Related to that SAR operator is the 'politically correct' manoeuvrings to try to shelve a legitimate investigation, meanwhile a person in authority continues to thumb his nose at the regulator.

Meanwhile one of the most honest, true gentleman FOIs has had his audit (2010) of said company quashed as it is not 'politically correct'.

While these shennanigans are going on the good FOIs and AWIs are constantly hamstrung from doing their jobs properly.

No, now is the time to stop the rot!