PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To IMC or Not To IMC...
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 20:23
mrmum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I'd be shocked if you had any trouble at all getting a club to do an IMCr in a week for you here in the UK, I'd offer myself if I was based in the bottom right-hand corner.
You should get far fewer wx cancels than with a PPL course. It's all dual, the only wx that should ground you is vis. or cloudbase below minima, (which doesn't happen very often actually), wind over aircraft limits or airframe icing conditions.
Seriously consider using a school based somewhere with IAP's, it'll minimise the chances of weather cancels and remove the need for positioning flights, both important if you want it done in a week or so.
Also, as with any intensive flying course, try and get the theory exam done early.
Enjoy it, it's a great course, it'll be terrible if we do lose it. The two landmark moments are usually the first time you climb through an overcast and pop out into brilliant sunshine & blue skies on top, then when the runway seems to magically appear out of the murk from 500' on the ILS. It's fantastic to watch people's reactions to these two events.