PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH
Thread: SARH
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 18:50
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Also, at DA/DH you must be able to see the "required visual references", not, I repeat not, be clear of cloud. The required visual references include runway lighting which can be seen through a lot of cloud.(especially if you fly high all the way down the approach so that MAP is over the runway itself. It has to be pretty thick to not be able to see vertically 150')
I bet your IRIs are going to love that one - how are you flying a precision approach if you ignore the glidepath which would normally give your MAPt (assuming 150' DH and don't forget your HTA) at 1/2 a mile?

I also think you might find not many of your RN standards would agree that looking down through cloud at the lights is within the spirit of 'required visual references'

If that is your idea of safe operation then I can only conclude that you are a bit of a gash operator.

PS Cat II ILS is as much to do with the ground installation as what is on the aircraft.

PPS - I said Culdrose had a poor weather factor, not that it precluded SAROps - how many times has the airshow been washed out there and how many non-SAR RN aircraft have had to divert because of poor weather?