PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency landing Air Maroc on EHAM june 6th
Old 30th Nov 2011, 18:08
decurion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is not clear to me if RAM is completely responsible for the captain’s poor skills and CRM. He had over 7000 hrs on the 737 and only started to work recently for RAM. You would expect that he had already sufficient skills in flying a B737 including basic CRM. The report doesn’t mention his flying history in detail. I wonder for which operators he had flown the B737 before joining RAM (or actually Atlas Blue). His statements to the DSB were also somewhat strange and in conflict with the data on the CVR (strangely enough the report doesn’t provide the CVR!). He also mentioned that the aircraft was uncontrollable and he therefore did not change the flap setting. The FDR shows that the aircraft was flying as expected with a failed engine. There were no control problems. There was only vibration due to the failed engine that was still running. The aircraft reacted to power and roll inputs. Unfortunately a lot of attention in the report is given to the geese problem. Which is important, however it has nothing to do what the captain did after the engine failure. I believe he would have done the same if the engine had failed due to another reason.