PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ferris Wheel crash at Old Bar
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 02:45
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
excuses, excuses....
Sunfish....
The un-airworthiness of one aeroplane could/will undoubtably be used as an example/ "safety" mallet, to bash politicians into submission about "safety, safety, safety"...and therefore CASA should be allowed to get on with saving the world from falling aeroplanes...BY WHATEVER MEANS IT TAKES. GIVE US THE UNFETTERED POWER,and leave the rest to us!

Nobody has an argument about dills in poorly built/maintained aeroplanes.Its a no brainer.

BUT...Piss poor regulations, many of which have sfa to do with safety, defamatory inputations,illegal actions, malicious and wrongful mistatements,
and all manner of bureaucratic buggery... at huge taxpayer expense, will go in to pursuing any small target about any issue, however insignificant. With NO safety outcomes.
The mega millions wasted by CASA on court cases and reg "re-writes"
is a national disgrace.
That CASA has been allowed to run amok for far too long,is also a national disgrace. But it has because there is NO oversighting mechanism to keep CASA on the path it is supposed to follow, with integrity, honesty, fairness and due process.

This petition is perhaps a chance to make parliamentarians finally aware of WTF has been going on, to hang our dirty CASA washing on their line.

We, the aviation people, demand change..it sure as hell can't continue as it is, to the great detriment to Aviation in this country.

Perhaps you havent been knifed by CASA....yet! Many people have and bear the scars today.

Change MUST occur, because if it doesnt in years? to come, we the people, will have to make it. Enough!
The problem is because of years and years sorry Decades of CASA abusing the industry instead of working side by side in it, many many folk have gone underground. We all hear of dodgy fix ups, dodgy ops, and in this case RAA has to some extent been a by product of folk trying to avoid the higher standards and cost. This is not to say RAA and all who sail in her are as bad. But what it has allowed in the last 10 or so years is for a subculture to develop. You can find evidence of this on "other forums" and it is not good.

Compare the workmanship in Arnold E's photos, to what you saw in the ATSB report, I am sure we will agree that his Experimental is a far better quality product that the ferris wheel ornament. In fact far better than most other aircraft on the VH register.

So what is the problem and the solution. Well here are my comments on another thread, some seemed to like them, I think they apply well here.
The problem is people view CASA just the same as a policeman in either of the following scenario's.

A: Small country town, local copper pulls you over for a few k's over, or answering a phone or something that in the circumstances was not dangerous, but against a rule. He says, young Jaba, that might be OK and safe here but in a school zone or somewhere else not so. How about you be more careful, if I see you do it again you might get a ticket. OK? Now scoot and be more careful. And by the way whats with that crack in your windscreen?

B: Big city copper, same infringement, copper books you, nasty tone, and then books you for a windscreen crak that happend 5k up the road because a truck illegally had an uncovered load, and then you get really pi$$ed.

So tel me which version do you see being the one likely to produce a better safety outcome? how would country copper have handled situation B, an educational talking to, and telling you to get mick the mechanic in town to replace your windscreen, and by the way I will talk to Troy the Truckie about covering his loads.

Now how does industry view CASA? Its a no brainer.

They need a major marketing makeover but first they need to improve their product.