PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to trial allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2011, 19:16
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PaxBoy, your maths does indeed need correction. The tickets were as good as damn it £370 a piece. This actually works out to be 73p per nautical mile as a family or if you like 15p per mile per seat. Travelling as a group this is actually more expensive than a car/ferry (which is a fair (no pun intended) comparison for group travel) but obviously more than one day faster in each direction, which is the reason we chose to fly.

But another thing that really annoyed me was that we were unable to get a firm price for our holiday. The flight element for our booking was originally for £1,500 but those tickets were not available. So for the same, un-allocated seats, we had to cough up another £336 - because we were stupid enough to book on EasyJet! So if they would like to improve their product, how about a transparent pricing policy that gives firm prices?

I know my family's custom is not appreciated by easyflyer83 or edi_local. Passengers like me who disagree with them about their company's policies are treated with contempt and are insulted. But as you two are so good at it, may I ask are you naturally this unpleasant or did EasyJet pay for your training?

PS. Thank you ExXB
PPS. The LHR-SYD price results in about 8p/mile.