PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Got a Project?
Thread: Got a Project?
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2002, 11:06
CUNIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
747 Pilot

Basically yes but with around fifty or so retirees. If you think of a French farmers' cooperative, the cooperative does the marketing for the individual farmer. This is the same, I do the marketing as well as filling in for the consultants. Currently, I am negotiating with four countries and a law firm (for expert input to insurance claims, aircraft crashes etc). We cover airport airside ops, airport management, could now cover airline ops with station managers and pilots, military ops aspects, ATC, radar, navaids, comms, airspace design, approach procedures and we work in cooperation with another company for airfield lighting and other areas that we don't cover. I have a stand at ATC Maastricht for encouraging the punters!!

The main bet that I have is that this post retirement employment will become more common as the worship of inexperienced youth reduces. In the aviation world there is an enormous market and modernisation plans are only done in countries, airports and airlines every ten years or so. The effect is that the programme manager is a virgin when it comes around - we ain't as we've been there several times over and use our lessons learned.