PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What helicopter for SAR in Norway?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2011, 12:59
espresso drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to admit it, but the EC225 probably looks the favorite based what's already flying around out there with Bristow and CHC. I'm not that educated and I don't know if the EC225 it meets all the requirements (procurement spec is available through a link kindly provided in an earlier post). Maybe someone more educated can enlighten me.

I see the V-22 is tabled as a potential candidate. That would be a radial choice (I'm not going to get into the debate and bun fight about that aircraft here).

I know that the S-92 is being used for SAR in the UK, but with it's MGB problems (see other threads) and delays for the Canadian military I'd be reluctant.

The AW101 does a great job and has pulled off some great rescues in Canada (sorry, it's called the Cormorant so the Canadian tax payers' don't confuse it with the same EH101 that they cancelled and paid millions of dollars in penalties, only to buy it anyway), but has suffered for whatever reason with regard to availability in Canada and Denmark.

Can anyone tell me, is the NH90 out already?

Anyone want to go into partnership to knock out some newbuild Sea Kings? Do you think we'd get a licence and would anyone buy them??????

Last edited by espresso drinker; 30th Nov 2011 at 06:15.