PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet to trial allocated seating
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2011, 11:57
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy denialists

I'd like to think that I'm a reasonable sort of passenger. I pay my money, my bags are appropriate for the use and within weight. We turn up on time both for bag drop-off and at the gate. This meant we were waiting at the gate 30 minutes or so before boarding. When the gate opened the running, shoving, pushing and elbowing started. To stop my children from being shoved, pushed and possibly hurt, we let the eager beavers to go first. But even then, more aggressive types who arrived later at the gate, including speedy boarders, split my family up as we made our way down the airbridge. That's why we arrived in a split up fashion. So easyflyer83, its not unreasonable for me to expect you to sort out the mess created by your company's greedy policies.

Believe me, given the choice I won't fly if I don't have to. I'll never fly RYR and would prefer not to fly orange but will if I have to. But I still don't enjoy being chiselled for cash. Paying extra to join the first running scrum is not my idea of holiday travel.

Paxboy - 8.3p per mile? That's not very cheap. £750 to LHR-SYD is cheap. What I paid was what I'd expect to pay with ANY carrier to do this journey. Yes it is 'only' £300 per person but can't be that popular otherwise there would be real competition and the price considerably less. What I don't appreciate is being told that this is "cheap" or that it's "low cost". It's just this is the very maximum that they could get away with.

...the main issue I have with your post, IF you bothered to read the details on the EZY website then it also says that bookings made with several people will be allocated seats next to one another automatically, provided this is possible.
Which is where this thread started. Yes thank you, edi_local, we did read the Easy's website. It says "We will aim to seat families together as a matter of priority" and yes, we started and ended our holiday sitting and two twos and a single. The boys (11 & 14) sat together and with the intervention of cabin crew I was able to sit next to my seven year daughter. Thank you. We communicated with sign language. So, if I'm paying the money (and your salary) I'm quite reasonably stating that if given the choice, I'd want allocated seating.

Lastly, it's so nice being put in your place by such lovely orange employees. I'm sure you must be lovely people and a joy to fly with.

PS: Why does KLM not even let you choose a seat on a short haul flight? Are you sure?