PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skullduggery in the utopian world of DeeJay Flight ops
Old 29th Nov 2011, 10:31
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Danger

you have reasonable contacts on the inner circle of AIPA;
Most of us do! When you work for a great airline as long as most of us have then yeah, we know what's going on.

you carry on as though you hate your employer/job;
Bzzz. Wrong. Most of us love Qantas and love our job. For you to assert otherwise is a deliberate falsehood.

however you love the paymaster visiting your bank account each and every 2 weeks; your hand obviously doesn't shake when you take the money;
Damn straight it doesn't. I'm worth every cent they pay me. Taking the pay doesn't mean that I'm not entitled to be concerned with the direction the company takes. My loyalty to Qantas goes FAR beyond simply driving the aeroplane between point A and B and taking their cash.

you aren't so unhappy that you wish to pack up your kit to move on to another employer that deserves to have your skills and talents;
That can no longer be taken for granted- as a number of colleagues have already demonstrated. More may follow. The fact that we haven't suggests that we love our airline and want to see it succeed.

[quote]you are quite content to snipe and pontificate from the anonymity or your Prune alias;

Ah, if only you really knew how completely moronic you are.

you obviously don't have the requisite skills/talent/personality to run an airline but believe you know exactly how to do it.
Actually, many pilots that I've flown with have exactly the skills/ talent/ personality to run and airline. In fact, an idiot could run the airline as well as Qantas has been run in recent years. However, if you're after people to run it well then I can point to a number of colleagues that have greater tertiary qualifications and significant experience at working in large teams, with multiple millions of dollars of responsibility and have demonstrated their abilities. Heck, I can point to a colleague who leave AJ for dust in terms of personal wealth- built up as a result of his business acumen. He chooses to fly for fun and as a study of how NOT to run a business.

Qantas is all things bad, Virgin is all things good and the way to salvation, in pilot terms, is to follow the Virgin shining star.
Nope. Another straw man you're putting up. If the previous comment didn't indicate your level of intellectual dishonesty then this one does.

[quote]You never know, hiding behind my Prune alias I could be anyone from the Prime Minister to a senior QF Captain to the lowliest Second Officer that QF employs. I may even be AJ himself. On the other hand I may not have anything to do with the aviation industry but am a mere outsider like Sunfish or Ohallen or Worrals or Tima9x or a lot of the others.

Given the stupidity of your comments you may be the PM. Given your lack of maturity I'd be surprised if you're a Qantas techie- unless they changed the selection criteria and you're one who slipped in that way. You may be an outsider but you're no Sunfish or Tima9X. They at least indicate a degree of intellectual honesty, maturity and general common sense.