PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2011, 06:47
flying.monkeyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yannisoar - Yes I am from Singapore. I'm not flying for any airline.

Well, as far as flying dreams go, that depends on how you define "flying dreams". Many people equate flying to airline flying but there are many other flying options e.g. flight instructing, private jets, medical evacuation, etc. So it truly boils down to what kind of flying you want to do. A true aviator will fly anything that flies, not only commercial airliners.

In Singapore, besides the SIA cadet program, one can also try the Jetstar cadet program or the Tiger's MPL program with STATA. If you have the ADDITIONAL $$$ to spend after self-sponsoring your own CPL/IR, you can always think about investing in a A320 type-rating course, and if you have cables to 3K / TR they may take you in. No guarantee though.

I have one of my fellow coursemate flying in Indonesia at the moment. So if you're not fussy about staying in Singapore and are willing to venture out, there are flying opportunities out there. Just gotta know where to look. And be patient. Good things never come easily. It's a lot of hard work, many times involving heartaches. But once you get it right, the reward is priceless.