PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti British Airways
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2002, 08:17
cabbott1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would like to commend British Airways crews for there professionalism. I work dispatch and get to meet lots of European Airline crews. Some crews are terrible but for me BA is top of my list of friendly and professional crews.

Cabin Crews?
Well I think they are just the nicest bunch of crew you could ever meet, they always offer me a cup of Coffee or Tea and they always have a laugh and smile. Of course there is always one Dragon CSD but that's 1 in 100 and to be honest I know when she gets off the flight her life is probably one sad joke. Apart from that I think its a pleasure dispatching your aircraft.

Cockpit?
Well nice bunch of people here as well, very professional and they always always say hello and make you feel welcome, sometimes they chat with you and sometimes you can see they are knackered so you leave them alone. BA pilots seem to respect dispatchers more than any other airline, they seem to understand the aviation jigsaw a little more than other airlines, that's nice!

I was dispatching a BA flight the other day and I couldn't help but smile. I always heard about the Nigel's of BA but though it was just a myth, well the other day the CSD shouts to the cockpit "Hey Nigel what is your second name" No answer but another cabin crew shouts " here is Trevor (F/O) coming ask him"

At least BA staff have a sense of humor.

Before I dispatched BA flights I thought BA was a crap airline (sorry) but its only now once I have seen a little more I realized they are simply one of the greatest out there.

Keep it up!