PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military IRT validity under EASA
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2011, 21:27
Mylord-Smythe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QSP ME Green IR

jpboy,

Thanks for your very informative last thread. I'm not a big user of pprune but my situation has pushed into some deep research and I've always known pprune is a great vault of advice!

I'll quickly explain my situation and then would appreciate it if you could let me know where or who from CAA policy explained the QSP ME Green IR policy on renewals!

I'm due to leave the RAF for a major British carrier next year. I'm presently flying the Boeing C-17 on 99 Sqn and have held a frozen ATPL since my first civil IR in 2002. Last month whilst checking my licence prior to an interview I stumbled upon the change in 2010 Lasors to Sect E para 1.5 about the 7 year elapsed statement from your original civil IR and how (apparently) the QSP Green IR didn't count. Since then I've been in a bit of a flat spin trying to sort out whether I've got a valid licence or not! I've haven't touched base with the CAA yet as I wanted to get all the info together first. It was only last night I read your thread on 04 Nov 11 and the very interesting way Sect F para 4.1 b can be interpreted. If this is a direct quote from CAA policy I could have a get out (fingers crossed)

To that end are you able to tell me who in the CAA quoted this so I can at least fire my email enquiry at the right person!

Many thanks and here's to hoping all is not lost!

Mylord-Smythe