PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2011, 18:59
aerobat77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lena, your summary is pretty what i have read in the english version of the mak report ans like already said- i think it matches pretty the thruth.

all people who feel the russians are lying in the report- so what , the russians managed to bring the tupolev into a crash ? how and for what ? to kill nearly the entire polish goverment ? for what?

i think we have two solid facts:

1) the aircraft crashed into the ground
2) there was heavy fog

point 2 points that the pilot went without ground visibility below minimums for an ndb approch ( since at published minimums there is nothing he could crash into) and finally hit the ground, regardless if he cut a birch or two or none. thats by itself is a massive pilot error.

somebody wrote that the wing may be ripped off due to g-overload from the massive pull at last second and not a hit into a tree. thats nonsense i think- the aircraft was nearly approach speed ( a little to fast) but surely far below manouver speed ( dont ask me the numbers for a tu 154m, i have no idea) and even a full pull ends up in a stall and not a massive g overload at such low speeds.

beyond that the tu154 is known as a robust bird - designed to operate from bad airstrips and with severe temperatures in siberia, i never heard something about a wing separation due to structural failure at this type.

here i found a photo- Photos: Tupolev Tu-154M Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net

look what by optics for a solid piece of russian metal the fuselage and the wing looks at this aircraft- i believe its not that easy to break this wing.