PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FI interview
Thread: FI interview
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2011, 18:43
billiboing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally Im more interested in your flying instructing abilities, but Ive been surprised at the lack of research most FIs do before coming to an interview. Do study the local airfields chart and noise abatement policy etc before turning up.

Beware- us club owners do pull a few tricks as well. I had a guy turn up one saturday and I asked him to go and do a Check A on a Cessna 150. He went out and spent 15 minutes checking the aircraft and came back declaring it airworthy.

I asked him if he was sure. He said yep. I asked him how he was going to fly it considering it had no mags or HT leads. ( they had been removed for a 500 hour inspection!)

I have also asked another to give a briefing to a student and they have been unable to do so.

So above all- BE PREPARED. We are likely to ask to see things like licences and logbooks- you would be surprised how many dont bring them!

Needless to say neither of the above got the job!. Am lucky to have some damn good guys with many many years of experience!.