PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH
Thread: SARH
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2011, 14:58
TheSmiter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like Biggus, I'm no SARH expert, although I do have a little bit of FW SAR experience, and therefore retain some interest in this issue. I have no problem with this proposal which I'm sure will save a lot of cash together with plenty of distressed sailors and a few airmen. The cabs will be more modern and arguably more capable than the venerable SK and the crews will be of the same high standard - indeed I'm sure a sizeable number will simply migrate across.

However, in breaking the long standing link between the military and SAR operations
My Rt. Hon Friend the Defence Secretary has agreed that the new contract will provide a search and rescue capability provided by civilian crews, enabling our Armed Forces to focus activity on their front line operations.
a few genuine questions come to mind such as:

1. Where does this leave the long term future of the ARCC?
2. Where in this statement is SAR coverage for the FI considered?
3. Does this de-linkage of SAR from the MT set weaken the argument for a future high end RMPA.

As far as CSAR goes , I'm sure this is being considered as we speak. It will be, won't it?

NUFC
I am sure it will be on the BBC & Sky news feeds soon.
Err, as of 1556L no and no. Far too much celeb 'news' on the wires today to be bothered with insignificant announcements such as this. Although quite surprised they haven't picked up the very obvious link between the rescue last night and the future of the Valley SAR force ie PW
PS well done to all the crew, I'm sure the conditions weren't pleasant.

1629L There it is - BBC got there in the end and no mention of PW shocker!

Last edited by TheSmiter; 28th Nov 2011 at 17:08.