PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Deliberately forced wing drop stalling in GFPT test
Old 28th Nov 2011, 05:04
Oktas8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to those people who have pointed out that CASA doesn't define stalling as aerobatic. "check your facts before posting", indeed.

Tee Emm: perhaps you have forgotten having written this:
Stalling is not an aerobatic manoeuvre and the authors of the CASA Flight Instructor Manual, were living in the past when they mandated practice stalling as an aerobatic manoeuvre.
I was responding to the OP and perhaps the first respondent, both of whom made claims about the FIM and about stalling, implying that it states stalling is an aerobatic manoeuvre, or that the FIM said that in the past. Is the FIM written by CASA? I think so. Does the FIM actually say that? Wouldn't have a clue. Don't care. He said it, not me.

Ho hum. Yet another reason not to post on Pprune. Respond to a post, get shot down. By three people no less.

Oh well, may as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb:

Most current trainers waffle in a nose up attitude at the stall and are practically impossible to stall.
Perhaps you don't know the symptoms of a stall? They are buffet, nose drop, sink and wing drop (the last one only if flying out of balance at the point of the stall). Apart from canard-winged aircraft, you'll get at least two and usually three or four of these symptoms.

But 3000' is a little restrictive, we can all agree on that.

Last edited by Oktas8; 28th Nov 2011 at 05:21.