PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cabin Crew
Thread: BA Cabin Crew
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2011, 21:30
aviaton wizz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love BA

I've enjoyed reading this thread profusely, all of you made very excellent points, I've always admired British Airways from a kid I always loved to see the Ground Staff and the Cabin Crew.

I flew BGI-LGW WT+ recently and as we were climbing the Cabin Manager made an announcement that the in flight entertainment had broken down on the inbound flight and the problem was not rectified so there will be no entertainment, and this was an 8hr fllight, the Cabin Crew were fantastic they gave us lots of attention on the it was like they never took a break.

On the flight LGW-BGI it was a total difference in crew, the flight was full of indians joining the cruise liner in Bridgetown and I found the crew was very rude to them, I even saw one of the ladies rolling her eyes at some of them and her body language told it all, when it came to serving me the flight attendant was not paying attention to what she was doing she served me salad and desert and not the actual food, myself and the gentelmen was trying to get her attention for over 5mins to tell her that I did not receive my beef that I requested.

She brought it dumped it on the tray threw her hair back no sorry nothing, earlier in the flight when she was serving drinks I asked for an orange juice and she handed me the cup over the gentelman next to me while talking and looking at her colleague and not paying attention to me or the guy next to me, she released the cup before I had a firm grip and it spilled on the guy next to me, we could not believe that she was being so negligent and she was not remorseful at all.

There are fantastic crews and really rude crews, I've flown American Airlines tons of times and I find that they have the worst crew ever thats my opnion of a BAD crew/service. I have an interview coming up soon for MF with BA its one of my goals to work for BA I love the company but there is indeed some serious slackness that needs to be dealt with, some crews can be nasty for no reason, no one in my cabin was rude to them but they were extremely rude and very familiar on the LGW-BGI leg.