PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills test advice
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2011, 15:01
aerofoil1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for anyone who is interested here is a brief write up of the days events ill try and keep it fairly short as its not my auto biography!
ok so today is the planned test
checked the weather and not 100% its suitable as the wind is gusting a phone call to my examiner to give my opinion.
he agrees its a blustery but the wind is almost on the runway only 10degrees crosswind so its a case of lets give it a go!
i was a bit nervous understandably but also relaxed because ive studied none stop over the last 2weeks just wanted to get it done and passed
after the planning brief its off we go short take off due to the 25kts of headwind!almost VTOL !
set course overhead Uttox all looking good next stone then Nantwich and finally Wreham.
i was expecting something to go wrong with the nav work but actually nothing did i arrived a little early over the planned towns but apart from that all looking good!
then we tracked the TNT VOR which was straightforward (practiced on flight sim so that helped) overhead Leek time for the diversion to Hixon Disused worked it all out and gave an ETA Hixon turned up bang on the nose by now i was feeling quite relaxed as everything i did worked out correctly so i must have been doing something write, either that or i was using the force!!
time for the handling manuovers by now my stomach was killing i had no breakfast and it was bumpy up the there
i didnt need to worry as they were all fine
i will say that conditions were not exactly great for the skills test but it was do able and the landing jesus we were getting blown about everywhere but i got it down ok
so there you have it 3 years 7 exams and £12,000 of hard earned money paid off,of which couldnt have been done without the help of my girlfriend supporting me
next thing will prob be a conversion to a PA28 so can take my family up with me then IR if finances permit after xmas
sorry for waffling on but has been a great day today !!