PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Professional Pilots ??
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2011, 14:23
Cymmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have a very great interest in aviation, having flown DC3's, viscount 700, Caravelle 12, Dassault Mercure, Antonov 24, Ilyushin 62-86 and Tupolev 134 + 154 to name a few in the past. I must also say as a passenger.

I read books about aviation on a regular basis, have the jet engines - Rolls Royce book, books on the operating systems of the A380 and how to fly it etc. I can contact a pilot of Qatar Airways currently on B777 but looking at moving to A380 etc.

But I wouldn't have a clue about flying apart from 2 trial lessons in a Cessna 150, and being allowed to handle a cherokee.

But to read some of the posts by -411 etc, well, they set my mind racing! The love and interest shown in aviation, the complexities of the aircraft flown and some of the highly detailed answers to some of the enthusiasts questions (mine included) is mind blowing.

Long may these as I see "real" pilots, not just jobbing pilots with no love of flying etc continue to provide fantastic and extremely interesting feedback on forums like this.

Sorry for the waffle, but I love all things aviation, just never got there.