PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BARS and its effect on GA companies?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2011, 08:32
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
mostlytossas...

Companies spent tens of thousands of dollars to get the privelige to have the ticks
Really?

I've been through the ISO9001:2008 certification process mostlytossas. I developed and documented my own quality system, got it checked by an independent consultant who also did my pre-certification audit, then got it certified for a total cost of about $5K, which included my time. I reckon it was money well-spent (Mrs SIUYA reckons it would have been better spent on a holiday though).

If the companies you're referring to needed to spend tens of thousands of dollars getting their certifications mostlytossas, then they either fcuked-up the whole process badly, or they got totally ripped-off.

Re the reference to the cost of a BARS audit - it seems to me to be about ballpark with some other industry-standard audits (eg., IBAC IS-BAO). And remember, a lot of audits are paid for by clients, not operators. And if you think a BARS audit is expensive, take a look at the eye-watering expense of an IATA IOSA audit as referred to by triadic.