PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Got a Project?
Thread: Got a Project?
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2002, 16:53
CUNIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I am not too certain whether this "project" is suitable for this forum. And yes, I have run adverts on pprune so this is not going to be an advert as you will not know the company name.

First of all, there are many aviation professionals out there who retire either early or at 55. Consider the average health of the population now at the age of 60, and I will bet that it is about the same as 50 a generation ago. When talking about aviation professionals I mean a whole host of people. For me a "professional" is someone who has loved the job they do and do it to the best of their ability - full stop. They can be ground staff, cabin staff, aircrew, engineers, technicians and even Controllers!! Yes I am guilty of the last M'Lud.

Consider the loss of experience to the industry on retiring. Consider the needs of the developing and developed world for this sort of experience. We have been there and done that.

Consider the fact that working after retirement can be fun - my rules, my way. I took over a small company this year and we are having fun as well as providing for a real need out there for experience. There are around sixty of us, all sorts, all nationalities, all backgrounds. It gets you off the street corner and out of the way of 'er indoors!

For many people the job is really a hobby and why not.

Your comments would be helpful.