PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro American School of Aviation Ormond Beach FL - AVOID!!!!!!!
Old 26th Nov 2011, 14:01
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got my PPL with Euro American 2 months ago. Everyone's experience with them varies.

About the "PPL in 3 weeks" idea, that is very possible. There was a boy there when I arrived who did it in 3 weeks exactly. Of course you need to be quite good to achieve it that quick, but given the weather allows, yes it is possible.

I am not saying EASA is a good school. You might think it's bad, but trust me, there are schools far worse. And even I had a problem there as my instructor was being totally unreasonable so I had to wait 4 days without flying before I got another instructor.

With regards to accommodation, well no one forced you to stay at their houses so if you can get a hotel, get a hotel.

And yes, you'll probably pay a bit more than you planned on (partly because mostly everyone upgrades to the Piper cadet instead of the C150, and partly because you are likely to go over your dual and solo hours).

Why do you think there were students back there for the 4th time? I doubt they would've come back if they thought the same as you. Yeah it's not great. Their customer relations could do with a major overhaul. But you get what you pay for!

And Ormond Beach is a great airport to fly out of! Plenty of traffic to deal with + there's Daytona's Class C shelf layer... I thought it was great fun! Biggest thing is that the instructors all have low hours (or most of them) but I guess it's like that in most places.

Overall, if you definately know of a better school for a few extra quid, yeah go for that instead. But if you are willing to just come and concentrate on getting your PPL and just ignore all the annoying little things then I think it's still money well spent. Unless you're going there during the summer, the chances are you will have a 3 bed room to yourself like I did. If you want to rent a car and drive from a hotel that's your choice!

P.S. The US is the most awesome country to fly in IMO.