PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Queens Diamond Jubilee Medal
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2011, 11:53
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Missed out on a GSM N Ireland because I wasn't 18, also missed tour of gulf of Oman in 1975 which would have received GSM
Oh come on - if that's the strength of the argument then this petition will go nowhere. Based on your logic, I should be able to get the Congo OSM because I was doing some work for the Op but from the UK rather than in country, and you may as well throw a speculative can I have the 1991 Gulf Medal in as well because I didn't get it back then because I was only 15 at the time'.

It's unfortunate, but there are very specific criteria for the QDJM and I don't know why people are spending time and energy looking for ways round them. I missed out on the QGJM by a couple of months, ho hum, I'm not going to spend the next 10 years campaigning for a change of criteria for it. If it were a petition that those being discharged prior to the 5 year cut off because of injuries received on ops, then that would probably have a lot of mileage, but this really is just a fairly unconvincing case.