PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2011, 11:46
Shamrogue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Jack

Jack I agree,

Ireland is far from gone down the pan. As Europeans countries begin to open their hands you see that Ireland was simply the first to show it's debts.

Certain part of the economy are under pressure. But they were under pressure along time ago - they just managed to get some class of work. People are still getting jobs, I have friends who were either let go or moved jobs and had no difficulty getting a job. Yes of course there are those who struggle. BUT, 85% of the population is still working. A decent portion of those are earing decent enough a wage. The tightening is taking some of the greed out of the system. If you compare a basket of groceries you'll still see the UK can be cheaper than us. So, more price cuts need to come. We've got to cut deeper and people simply have to work for a living. The expectation of earning €1000.00 a week for laying 10 blocks or doing a half days work needs to be moved on. Again yes of course there are those who work hard and always work hard. But there are those who wouldn't know a hard days work if it hit them on the head.

Now as a business owner, yes the banking regime is tough, but straight - ie if you want a mortgage - here's the criteria - not rocket science and providing you meet the criteria you get your mortgage. Purchasing property is now do-able - I couldn't think of buying last year - but I will this year. Oddly I'm taking on staff etc etc. So look, we're getting more compeditive, we're working harder, all we need now is the football team to do the business and we're on the pigs back.

Regards
Shamrogue

PS - I could put a lot more teeth on this argument but really couldn't be bothered - work to do