PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Katherine Aviation. A sinking ship?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2011, 08:54
caa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beat ups are fun - in an aircraft you don’t own I guess! I also guess you have some sour grapes??

I know of no company that pays per NM, so I guess you are trying to distort the truth?

Rumour is that the gear up was caused by the AUTO extension system not working in that 210, Well he was well and truly over paid and cost owners and operators $$$$$. Guess you don’t care about that!

Most places do make the pilot pay relocation costs but then get reimbursed after normally 6 months, again my guess this is the case.

The reason they have to use this type of tactic is to get some work out of you, because many many pilots before you promise to stay for 6 months or even a year. But once you have that 210 signed off, the first thing you do is send your CV to Hardy's!

As for supply of a company car in these places, maybe they may - if you look after them a little better than your subsidised accommodation that they pay for.
So Beat UPS why not say to KA while you were there that you were not getting the award, it is known by all in Australia that it is the LAW – You may have been paid more if you were a good worker??
Or they may have proved to you the fact that that is the correct rate of pay for someone still in early learning?
Sorry but if you don’t like a place leave you have the choice, you are a Pro Pilot that people put their lives in ACT like one!!