PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Type Rating - which type, where, why pay etc?
Old 8th Nov 2002, 14:11
martinbakerfanclub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As usual from AMEX, sound advice that's to the point; and as it's from a man who can actually claim involvement in this particular loop ( and not just a speculator or spectator) , it's to be hoped some of the wanabee's will listen to it.

I know how desperate some are out their for that first job, i know its soul destroying looking at the loan statements and thinking " what the hell have i done?", but if you still have access to funds, please, do as the man says, spend them on currency.

Anyone else out their remember the late 80's when things were almost as bad as they are at the moment ?...remember the hot conversation topic around the bar's we flyer's and wannabee's frequented....??

You guessed it....type ratings, and their mythical ability to open doors.

Didn't work then for anyone i heard of......doubt it'll work now.

Unless, of course, you really are champing at the bit to go work in sunny africa, and knowing that continent "just maybe"....although i'm sure thats not quite what any of you envisioned when you started that ab-initio course all that time ago. I'm bloody sure it's definately NOT what you promised your significant other.

Spend your money wisely guys, please; or alternatively, why not just say you'll work for free, or at least a handfull of rice at the end of the month.....and yes, that was sarcasm.