PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair: Choice on bases? Or "you're going there!"
Old 25th Nov 2011, 14:21
LVL_CHG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the replies.

Unfortunatley many of you have confirmed my fears regarding the bases.

Someone mentioned that, do you love pushing thosee thrust lever forward more than you love your "none aviation life"

Luckily for me I'm not in the position yet as having a mortgage and kids. However I do have a very long term relationhip and a place we live together. Can I really say one day that I'm off to [insert place name] and I'll be back 1 or 2 days a week? Or come and live with me there and leave your career friends and family? I think that would be extremely selfish.

I think the younger guys who are in a great position to join someone like Ryanair. They don't have any ties to the UK and moving abroad would be the first time away from home and would be one big adventure. Well I certainly didn't have any ties when I was the age some of the guys going for F/O positions at Ryanair.

For the likes of the more mature graduate such as me (still on 26 may I add ) it's a little more difficult I think to uproot everything.

I think I already know the answer as base allocation seems to be bottom of Ryanairs list but: Do you find out where you will be based before you start your training?