PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why the demise of QF29 HKG-LHR?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2011, 22:29
moremj2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You find what you look for

QBuzz...

I can find similar comments about Q....examples...

SYD-LAX return in economy A380. Aircraft itself excellent. Flight delayed due to mechanical issue. Cabin crew rude and seemed to want to be anywhere else but working. Food very poor for international flight, even by economy standards. As a FF and long time customer you can feel the crews low moral. I will be trying out the competition next time as I feel standards are slipping while airfares increase.

Brisbane - London return via Hong Kong. HKG-LHR an old 747 showing its age badly, packed in like sardines. Food okay but a curious mixture of things. Staff on some sectors good, on other sectors totally disinterested or invisible. All in all a very mixed bag, which will make me fly TG, SQ, or CX next time.

I am merely saying that MY choice of airline was due to 2 factors.....
1...Price
2...Service vs price

My previous long hauls with 9W were faultless...as have been the majority of my QF experiences...but for me...QF no longer provides the $ vs service it once did. As an example...i flew 3 x (as Pax) the (showing my age) SYD-LHR via SIN and BAH...meals every 3 hours..service like a restaurant...worth the $...

RE the QF29...again...why would you take something from your customers that they want? Like SFO?

It is a strange choice. Unless the reason to stop at HKG is so QF can feed its new asian start up, charge the same price, and skim more profit...that simple.