PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti British Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2002, 13:56
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
My first flight was on a BOAC VC 10 in December 1965, LHR ~ JNB, so I was a natural supporter of BA, there were my first choice. I had used VS (both classes, as then was) and was very pleased by them. I admired Branson but BA was still my first choice.

Somewhere around 1991 (I think it was) the 'Dirty Tricks' against VS came out. After that, BA has always been bottom of my list.

The reason? BA management had a VERY good product. They had fine staff and maintenance of the highest order they had no need to play dirty tricks. The management showed themselves to be pathetic little boys. I felt that the only course of action was to withdraw my custom - miniscule though it is.

I have flown BA many times since then and have always enjoyed the service. Mostly it has been short/medium in Y and one or two mediums (Europe) in C. Always good. Always reliable. But I have not flown long haul BA (in any class) for eleven years.

I continue to admire the staff of BA and the very fine service they offer but when I heard Eddington say on radio this week, "We have a very good proposition and product", I knew that he has too much management speak.

So, I am sorry for BA staff and always enjoy being on your aeroplanes, you are great people - but your management are not ones that I wish to reward.

Could I 'forgive' them, after the passage of ten years? Since VS look after me so well - why should I? So, next Tuesday I am off to JNB and know that I shall enjoy the Upper Class experience again.

I have also 'converted' my family and there are four other people going out to the same wedding in South Africa. One going in PE (which BA also copied) and three more going in Upper.

I am not anti BA as such, just anti BA management.