PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should we Name & Shame G Day Workers?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2011, 18:50
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorvad,

The lack of depth of your understanding on this issue is striking. Let me explain:

Because W patterns exist, many long haul patterns are not available via the normal request system. That is not fair to requesters more senior to W pattern holders.

I am not advocating name and shame for those doing super compact rosters. I am saying the system needs to be changed...

Super compact bidders should have to request long hauls via the normal request system. When they get one, crew planning should look for another one (also possibly requested) to build the W. If it works great, if not too bad. The most senior super compact bidders should still get them as long as they put in enough long haul requests to ensure they get one which can accommodate a W. More junior bidders may not. Either way, the W would not come at the expense of more senior normal requesters.

The notion that a junior crew member should get Ws at the expense of more senior requests just so they can commute is absurd. Only in CX would such a blatantly anti-seniority system be allowed.

Time for change...