PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro American School of Aviation Ormond Beach FL - AVOID!!!!!!!
Old 25th Nov 2011, 17:45
pilot786

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Euro American School of Aviation Ormond Beach FL - AVOID!!!!!!!

also known as Ormond Beach Aviation

These guys are just there to nab your money and then mess you about until the cows come home. I went there foolishly as they appeared to be cheaper than other set ups but don't be fooled by that because by the time you have left, you have paid way over what you thought you were going to pay!

They promise a 3 week PPL. Out of about 20 students not one I know of completed on time. I met people there who were back for the fourth time to complete their PPL.

On day one they get you to sign a lengthy contract which they think absolves then from any law suits. They will also demand money up front. If you want to pay as you go then you will be charged a higher rate.

They try and get you to stay in their accommodation where there's up to 10 people in a house and 3 to a room and charge you extortionate rates. You can get a hotel much much cheaper.

They will offer to collect you from the airport for $105 each way. You can hire a car for a whole week with that amount.

Once they have your money they don't care any more and will drag it out as much as they can in order for you to return, more money for them! The staff/istructors are rude and not approachable.

Out of the 20 odd students not one happy pilot! In my opinion the WORST school ever. AVOID at all costs.