PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Theory exams in one state, CPL flight training in another under EASA
Old 25th Nov 2011, 17:37
CraigyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theory exams in one state, CPL flight training in another under EASA

Hi all,

My understanding is that under JAR FCL you must complete your CPL flight training in the same state as the one in which you completed your theory training. (Correct me if I am wrong here!)

Does anyone know if this is set to change under EASA, i.e. will exams sat in one state be accepted in all other states? I tried to have a look though the EASA website but wasn't able to find the answer.

I only ask as I have pretty much finished my ATPL exams in the UK and I am looking into the possibility of flight training in Poland and wonder if my exams will be accepted by the Polish CAO. I have contacted the Polish CAO but I am still waiting for a response (To be honest, I don't expect them to know the answer either!). Not sure if it will prove relevant, but I have sat old syllabus exams and plan to fly after the 12th April (Or whatever the handover date is) so my licence will be an EASA issued CPL.

Anyway, if anybody has any idea or is trying to do something similar would be great to hear from you!

Cheers,

Craigyd