PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alan Mann Helicopters (Nostalgia thread)
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2011, 10:47
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAV

Yes I have many tales to tell but I'm not sure that PPrune is the right place to tell them - can't afford the lawyers these days.

I think that it would be wrong to imagine that 'out of sight is out of mind' when it comes to Alan's oversight of AMH. I reckon he had a pretty good grip on things. I found him a great man to work for and one that was easy to respect.

When I look back over 42 years in the business my two and half years at AMH were the best fun. Not always smooth sailing and definitely not well paid but every day was different and every trip a challenge. My mate Gazza was always very supportive and folk like NPT, Paul Midgers, Ackers etc made it a great place to work.

On the whole maintenance was excellent with Roy and Chris very able and Tom et al great fun to work with. One unfortunate hydraulic failure (ex-Battersea) in a 206 and a few hot batteries and chips but apart from my 'adventure' with Norman Foster in the Bell 47 nothing to write much about. Well, not in these pages anyway!!!

G