PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa (2011 onwards) part 3.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2011, 00:29
CharlieVictorSierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I currently do not have residency, but it seems that getting at least a temp work permit/visa is fairly easy. As for the conversion, is it required to get before you even start applying? When I had my expat job in India, you got the license conversion after the job offer. I'm also willing to try the nearby countries as long as I had a communting schedule so I can be at home with my girlfriend(main reason I'm in Africa). I was hoping that an instructing gig would be easier with less paperwork/loophole hassle than an airline. While I would love something like that, I would just settle for something that will keep me in the air and current.

=Jason-
I correct myself sorry Jason you wouldnt need to have the license conversion to start applying. The problem with your situation is how long is your girlfriends contract? I cant see the airlines in SA being an option for you.

Im going to give advice on what I know...the neighboring countries idea. Chances are your scheduling wont be anything near what you are looking for. I actually know that for a fact. Working in countries like Botswana or Namibia, you wouldnt get home very often at all! Usually once or twice a year for a month. I really dont see this as being an option for you if you are there to be with your girlfriend. You would basically walk into a job though!

Instructing may be the way to go...Im not expressly familiar with CT so maybe somebody can help with who exactly to go and see...dont expect anything special with the instructors scene in SA though!

Try going to www.avcom.co.za! Thats the SA pilots' blog and make your case in the job centre thread...there are a lot of people there who im sure could also give you some valuable information!