PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2011, 06:46
CharlieVictorSierra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And just for the record (in case nobody caught my drift) I was poking fun at Flyingharry for his first post being such...a bit rediculous if you ask me. Its almost like well lets kick them while they down and throw in that its 'rumored' that a 210 nearly had a wheels up before the Caravan went down... Whats the point?? Anyway, moving on.

Maybe the caravan was never built to be a bush aircraft but it sure as hell works well as one! Lilflyboy I just have one question for your theory on the inertial seperator. (I am by no means an expert in any way or form) But, Moremi would have their procedure on the use of the IS. So, assuming the pilot did not deviate from company procedures, could the conditions have been THAT perfect that on this particular take off for this particular flight, which im sure has been done countless times, it caused a flameout?! What would have been different from any other Caravan taking off that day with the same procedure?

I am simply posing the question and asking: Is it that volatile that opening/closing the IS half a second too early or too late, for example, could cause a flameout and consequent engine failure?