PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Nov 2011, 05:15
Positive-Climb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon all,

I have been following the QR thread for over a year now, keeping up to date with all the posts. Especially the ones concerning the busy times at HR. I thoroughly understand that the ladies and gents at the HR department are running almost 24/7 to keep up with the high demand of pilot applications.

But I still remain in doubt about the following. I applied at QR for the Fast Track SO position a while ago. I tick all the boxes, well over 2200 hours TT, over 2000 hours medium turboprop (20ton+), young, single, LPE6, ATPL etc etc. I even went to the presentation in London a couple of weeks ago, asked a few questions and spoke directly to the gentlemen involved in recruitment.

But now the following, it states on your application that if you do NOT hear anything after 90 days after your application has been submitted, you can ASSUME, you are not successful. Has anybody here ever experienced getting a call/email after these 90 days? Or can I really assume my application was rejected (which, considering all the boxes ticked and properly filled in, is a bit strange) Especially taking into account that QR need a lot of pilots the coming months/years. Is it possibly my application is still in the ‘’to do’’ stack as QR is focusing on CPT and FO? Or maybe it got lost in the digital realm? Is it worth a shot to give them a call? Thanks so much guys and gals!