PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anti British Airways
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2002, 09:40
Shadowpurser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have noticed this over the course of my time on this board and have considered asking this question.

You've got to look at it in proportion. BA is larger than any other UK airline and so flies more routes and employs more people. As a result there are more propblems that are highlighted as there are more chances of it happening, there are also more disgruntled people out there that may have been affected by these problems.

As has also been said being an older airline there are some "older employees" some of which are fantastic and I wish I could fly with every day - others which love nothing more than grumping, complaining, and generally yearning for the "good ole days" to return.

BA is a good employer and I for one can see that as most of my friends work out of the industry and certainly don't enjoy the lack of stress plus the salary and benefits I recieve.

I also have friends who work for Virgin too - they also really enjoy it but are in no way looked after the way we are in BA. Lots of our staff recently have jumped ship to go to Virgin, I wish them all well but I wonder when they get there if they find the grass is actually greener?

One more thing - I think BA could do with more of an inspiring leader (bit like Branson), someone who can rally the troops, someone who can address a forum of people and make them shiver when they speak about their enthsiasm for the company and how we are going to "take on the world". Someone who can make people "want" to improve the company instead of looking to see what the company can do for them. It's a tall order I know and looking for charisma amoungst management is like looking for a white rabbit in a snow storm, but I'm sure there has to be someone out there with some common sense, experiance in the aviation industry, and more PERSONALITY!!! than a Vauxhaul Vectra?

Here's to hoping......